AlcoHAWK PT500P Breathalyzer
Product Categories: Alcohol Monitoring.
Interested in distributing this product?
Clearances & Certifications
DOT & FDA
The advantages of the PT500P PT Core™ Fuel-Cell Technology are numerous! The PT500P offers a simple menu-driven operation allowing you to take a test, set specific alarm points or check how many tests have been performed. The PT500P has a brilliant 4-digit test result display that can pick up trace amounts of alcohol—examples such as 0.003% or 0.006% BAC –which is the perfect solution for zero-tolerance testing environments screening for the presence of small amounts of alcohol.
- PT Core Fuel Cell provides more reliable, consistent and accurate results as compared with semi-conductor breathalyzers.
- PT Core Fuel Cell will reduce false positives for someone who is diabetic or on a low calorie diet. Other semiconductor breathalyzers will sometimes show a false positive result for these individuals but the PT Core is not subject to interference from ketones which can be seen in conditions such as diabetes or people on fad diets.
- The PT500P also exhibits a linear response to measured alcohol, allowing the unit to provide more accurate and consistent results over the complete range of alcohol concentrations. This is especially true at higher BAC concentrations, such as 0.255% BAC, where the PT Core Fuel Cell will provide more reliable and consistent results whereas semiconductor models may become less accurate at the higher BAC ranges.
- PT Core™ extends the life of the sensor and allows for 1000s of tests to be performed.
- The AlcoHAWK PT500P Breathalyzer utilizes a highly accurate and reliable PT Core fuel cell sensor technology. This enhanced technology allows the PT500P to be operated as a screening device for professional, medical, and law enforcement testing applications.
- The PT500P is the perfect choice for law enforcement, hospitals, clinics, businesses, and for personal use — anytime and anywhere fuel-cell accuracy is required rely on the PT500P!
The AlcoHAWK PT500P features an user friendly operation menu that allows for customized audible warning beeps, blowing time, units of measure, testing, and more. Messages are clearly displayed on the bright LCD screen to assist in proper testing. Hold the power button to turn on the device and the PT500P will display ‘Initializing’ as it prepares for use. To start a test, simply push the test button and the unit will display ‘Blow Now’. As the enduser starts blowing the unit will give an audible beep to signal the start of the test and the enduser will blow SLOW and STEADY for 5 seconds as the unit will give a second beep to signal completion of the testing. The unit displays “Processing” while analyzing the sample and in seconds the PT500P wilI give the BAC measurement from 0.000 to 0.400 %BAC.
- Pre-calibrated in the USA prior to shipment.
- FDA 510(k) Cleared and DOT Cleared as a Breath Alcohol Screening Device.
- Replaceable Mouthpiece (5 included): Mouthpieces are absolutely necessary to focus the deep lung breath sample over the sensor and obtain the most accurate results. Mouthpieces are individually wrapped to help ensure safe and sanitary testing.
- Wide Test Range Measures Blood Alcohol Content from 0.000 – 0.400 %BAC. 4-digit LCD display makes test results easy to view any time of day or night.
- One Button Operation for Fast and Easy Testing. Simply push the power button and begin testing in seconds.
- Alarm Point: The unit will read “High” if the BAC reading exceeds the alarm point setting. The default setting is 0.020% BAC. You can change the alarm point from between 0.020%-0.080% BAC.
- Temperature Scale: This option allows you to switch between Celsius (C) and Fahrenheit (F) for the temperature display. The default setting is Fahrenheit (F).
- PT Core™ Fuel-cell Sensor Technology: This new technology incorporates an electro-chemical fuel-cell detection system to offer better linear accuracy away from the point of calibration.
- Convert Units: Use this option to change the unit of alcohol concentration shown for tests. You can choose between %BAC (U.S.A), g/L, or ‰BAC. The default setting is %BAC (U.S.A), the U.S.A standard.
- Test Counter: Use this option to keep track of the number of tests run since the counter was last reset.
- Wireless Printing Capability: Print test results to an AlcoHAWK PT Wireless Thermal Printer with the press of a button.
- Automatic Pump: Simple one button sampling with no manual activation of pump required.
- Warning Level Indicator: The AlcoHAWK® PT500P features an audible and visual warning when a subject’s BAC surpasses the adjustable BAC alarm point.
- Pressure Scan Sensor: Ensures that the user blows with enough force to start a test and also ensures that they continue to blow through the unit throughout the entire test.
- Easy-to-Read LCD Display: The AlcoHAWK® PT500P offers a large, easy-to-read LCD display to make the unit the most informative and understandable AlcoHAWK® Series product on the market.
- Improved sensor life – The PT Core™ sensor is designed to be robust and last for thousands of tests in fields such as Law Enforcement.
- This breath alcohol tester is intended to measure alcohol in human breath. Readings from this device are used to determine alcohol intoxication.
- Individuals should not drink alcohol and drive
- Choking hazard alert – Mouthpiece covers
The AlcoHAWK® PT500P Professional Kit includes:
- Professional hard case with foam protection
- AlcoHAWK® PT Series Wireless Printer
- Two (2) AA batteries
- 10 individually wrapped mouthpieces
- Owner’s Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 year warranty